Discover the Central North Island - glittering white sand beached, rolling surf beaches, clear lakes, bubbling mud pools, natural hot spas, wineries, streams, lakes and skifields!
Iconic New Zealand
New Zealand > North Island > Coromandel > Hawkes Bay > Rotorua > Taupo
10 Days, 9 Nights
This great itinerary provides you with an option to follow the coast through The Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, Eastland & Hawke’s Bay, inland to the Ruapehu region, Lake Taupo, Rotorua, Hamilton & Waikato and back up to Auckland International Airport, or in a reverse direction.
The itinerary, while compact, is varied and covers diverse parts of New Zealand, as it the only place in New Zealand where you can experience everything from beaches to snowy-capped mountains, not to mention geothermal activity, rain forest, and Maori culture.
The Central North Island it is so compact in geographical distance yet so diverse in the experiences on offer. The Thermal Explorer Highway takes you on journey through the heart of the North Island passing underground caves, hobbit holes, geothermal wonders, enormous fresh water lakes while the Volcanic Loop adds a trio of mountains that will make you catch your breath. The Pacific Coast Highway is a coastal drive to savor – fantastic seafood, golden sandy beaches, lush rainforest, wine galore – chardonnay and big bold reds mainly- and a rich architectural history.
- Hobbiton Movie Set
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Tongariro National Park
- Huka Falls
- Art Deco
- Eight days Intermediate Car Hire including GPS
- One night Distinction Hamilton Hotel
- Two nights Millennium Rotorua
- One night Millennium Hotel & Resort Taupo Manuels
- One night Chateau Tongariro
- Two nights Scenic Hotel Te Pania
- One night White Island Rendezvous
- One night Grand Mercure Puka Park
- Half-day Waitomo Caves & Ruakuri Cave
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour, Matamata
- Te Ra (admission) and Te Ro (indigenous Performance), Te Puia, Rotorua
- Huka Falls Jet Boat Ride, Huka Falls
- Two-hour Art Deco Guided Walk
- Breakfast daily
November 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017
From $2349 per person based on double occupancy*
*Prices are quoted in USD and are ‘from’, per person, based on double occupancy. Single supplements apply. Black-out dates may apply. Pricing is subject to availability and are current at time of posting (9/8/16) and may differ when you book your travel. Please call for our current pricing.
Terms and Conditions
Read our full Terms and Conditions here